Main Street Morgantown (MSM) began its rebranding process on February 11, 2014.
The rebranding, provided by Main Street West Virginia, will continue for six to eight weeks after its initiation in February. Throughout this time, MSM will work with Arnett Muldrow & Associates, a city planning and marketing firm that specializes in community branding, downtown revitalization, economic development and historic preservation. This firm has a focus on expanding communities’ customer bases, attracting new visitors and recruiting new businesses based on demand. The firm will create a marketing package for MSM to implement over time, all copy rights to which will belong to MSM.
Arnett Muldrow & Associates met with MSM’s Board and Economic Restructuring, Organization, Design, and Promotion Committees; Morgantown’s downtown businesses; the general public and other interested stakeholders; and West Virginia University representatives. The meetings focused on creating a unified brand identity and market position for Downtown Morgantown and the Historic Wharf District that will allow MSM, our partner agencies and events to become part of a comprehensive brand.
Arnett Muldrow & Associates will provide MSM with the following project deliverables:
- Logo and tagline designs for Downtown Morgantown.
- Graphic identity and organizational strategies for Main Street Morgantown.
- Logo designs for events, organizations, and other amenities, as desired by Main Street Morgantown.
- Custom banner designs applicable to Downtown.
- Print collateral cover designs (brochures, visitor guides, etc.).
- Webpage redesign “skin” concepts.
- Ad templates and concepts for Downtown and individual business use.
- Other collateral pieces as desired by Main Street Morgantown (open ended).
- All related photography on digital media.
- Resource digital media with all deliverables in a variety of file formats.
- Style guide for brand implementation.
- Brand presentation on PowerPoint.
- Copyright release granting ownership of all designs to Main Street Morgantown.
- Brand “style guide” showing appropriate uses of the brand.
- Digital resource library with all relevant logo and brand extension designs for the community.
All of these tools will be used by MSM and its partners to brand and market Downtown Morgantown and the Historic Wharf District with a cohesive sense of place and identity.
MSM postponed the beginning of its rebranding process from January 22, 2014 to February 11, 2014 due to weather and travel conflicts.