Main Street Morgantown is pleased to announce that the National Main Street Center and Main Street West Virginia have certified MSM as an accredited 2014 National Main Street Program. This means that MSM has met the ten standards of performance for a Main Street organization in 2013.
This means that Main Street Morgantown:
- Has broad-based community support for the commercial district revitalization process, with strong support from both the public and private sectors.
- Has developed vision and mission statements relevant to community conditions and to the local Main Street program’s organizational stage.
- Has a comprehensive Main Street work plan
- Possesses an historic preservation ethic
- Has an active board of directors and committees
- Has an adequate operating budget
- Has a paid professional program manager
- Conducts a program of ongoing training for staff and volunteers
- Reports key statistics
- Is a current member of the National Trust Main Street Network
Download the PDF version here.