The historic railroad depot is a one-story, red brick building built in the Romanesque style. It maintains its ties to transportation today, currently serving the public as the Mountain Line Bus Depot.
A contract for the construction of the historic railroad depot was awarded in October 1885, and the first passenger train from Fairmont arrived in Morgantown on February 14, 1886. The railroad’s connection to Morgantown brought many changes, including the construction of many warehouses, manufacturing houses and other commercial and industrial sites in the present day Wharf Downtown. The Railroad Depot was renamed as the Union Depot in 1902 when it served both the Baltimore & Ohio and Morgantown & Kingwood Railroads.