The Morgantown Women’s Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) was established in 1884. The WCTU campaigned for women and children’s rights in Morgantown, had 250 members by 1919, and published what was then the only all women’s journal in the state–The White Ribbon.
The WCTU Building was constructed in 1922. The Neoclassical style structure was intended to offer an alternative to the saloons in town.
Listen below for more information about WCTU programs.