Shop at Old Stone House Nov. 14-20 to Benefit Community Kitchen As part of their ongoing Charity Partner Program, ten percent of the Old Stone House Gift Shop’s gross sales during the week of November `4-20 will be donated to the Community Kitchen at Trinity Episcopal Church. The shop is open Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m-3 p.m. and Sunday, noon-4 pm. The gift shop offers a wide variety of unique gift items, food products, WV made items and handcrafted items. They also sell used books.
Service League of Morgantown expanded their community outreach in 2008 through the addition of a Charity Partnership Program. Solely through the Charity Partner Program, the grand total of donations over the past eight years has totaled over $24,000.
Service League’s active membership selected sixteen organizations to partner with in 2016-2017 and each will receive 10% of the gift shop’s gross sales during the designated dates:
Nov. 14-20 Community Kitchen at Trinity Episcopal Church
Nov. 21-27 In Touch and Concerned
Nov. 28-Dec. 4 St. Ursula Food Pantry & Outreach
Dec. 5-11 Mon County Child Advocacy Center
Dec. 12-18 Rape and Domestic Violence (RDVIC)
Dec. 19-30 Morgantown Area Meals on Wheels
Jan. 16-28, 2017 Empty Bowls
Jan. 30-Feb.11 Girls on the Run
Since, September, a total of $838 has been donated to the following organizations through this year’s Charity Partner Program: Mon County Special Olympics ($120); Stepping Stones ($100);
WV Family Grief ($125); Christian Help ($153); Scott’s Run Settlement House ($100); Milan Puskar Health Right( $140); and CASA for Kids ($100). Totals for Shack Neighborhood House are not yet available.
The Old Stone House is maintained and run as a gift shop by Service League of Morgantown volunteers. There are no paid employees Founded in 1935, Service League of Morgantown’s mission has been to give back to their local community to improve the lives of local citizens to improve the lives of local citizens through charitable, educational and cultural activities. The Old Stone House was built around 1795 and is the oldest stone dwelling in the county. It is listed on the National Historic Registry.
For further info, call 304-296-7825 or visit Facebook